Friday, January 9, 2009

Hansisgreat Down and Out

A quick update for those of you who are wondering where I've been...

A little over a year ago, I bought a new Apple iMac, which has been a nightmare from beginning to end. This is the most unreliable piece of equipment I've ever had the misfortune to own. After my last post, it stopped working completely. It's only 14 months old, 6 weeks out of warranty, and would cost $800 to repair.
Since I don't happen to have $800 lying around (I manage a bookstore and don't make that much) I am currently without a computer and therefore unable to publish on Hansisgreat.
My hope is to get a replacement PC soon. In the meantime, I'm afraid I must apologize for the delay. The people at Apple have been no help at all in getting this problem resolved.
I'll be back soon. In the meantime, if you're thinking of buying an Apple computer... just DON'T.

Best wishes,
Hans

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there...we'll still be reading when your get back in the loop. (-:

Anonymous said...

As a long time reader of Hans and a long time or should I say lifetime Mac user ... it makes me wonder what you did to you iMac. In nearly 25 years as a Mac user ... not one thing has ever gone wrong.

Let's hope you get back to blogging ...

Silly Little Prince said...

OMG. that happened to my previous mac too. i secretly think they send some sorta of virus once your mac's warranty expires... haha. but well i still LOVE it. :P

come back soon k~

Anonymous said...

Ah..Apple. I feel your pain. Looking forward to your return.

Over to Electro said...

Okay, looking forward to your return.

Corey Wintergren said...

I feel for you buddy! Get a Compaq next time ..... lol. :)

I'd be happy to post stuff for you if that would help until you're up and running again..

I own Manopolis at http://www.runboard.com/bmanopolis and I am serious.

iain said...

...o dear. Been wondering where you'd got to... Happy New Year (sans Apple).

chaz said...

Bless you Hans. So sorry for all of your trouble. I have always been afraid of Macs for some reason. I have lots of friends who own Macs, some love them and some hate them. You have been missed though. This is the most intelligent,intriguing and fun blog on the net, imho. Hope you get everything resolved and don't let it get you down!

gman7157 said...

Sorry to hear about your problems -- had a similar setback only with major car repairs in December so know how frustrating it can all be.

Hang in there & looking forward to your return.

Greg (from "your neck of the woods")
aka gman7157

Newfie53523 said...

Wow. So sorry to learn of your Mac misfortune. I had the same kind of luck, only with a Dell PC. Surprised Apple hasn't been more helpful, as they have always been for the few small problems I've had.

But I hope you get a PC you really like and that likes you back and I look forward to your posts then.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

I can relate. I've had two Macs, each worse than the other. I'm glad I moved to PC three years ago. Far less problems.

Good luck!

Eric said...

We'll still be here when you get back :-)

Anonymous said...

Dear Hans, Have good luck in the NewYear 2009. Appreciate your history stories very well and also the very nice selected pictures of good looking youngmen, boys and others. Good look, Hope that you will be back in the near future. Good look with your bookstore; i am in publishing business. Your ananymous friend from Holland, Europe

Markonius said...

Ohhhhh, come back soon! You are great and I love you!! Kiss!