Thursday, October 16, 2008

Quotations

To see the earth as it truly is, small and blue and beautiful in that eternal silence where it floats, is to see ourselves as riders on the earth together, brothers on that bright loveliness in the eternal cold.
Archibald MacLeish (1892 - 1982)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862)

When a thing is done, don't look back. Look forward to your next objective.
George C. Marshall (1880 - 1959)


I pay no attention whatever to anyone's praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791)


He who boasts of he ancestry is praising the deeds of another.
Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

When someone does something good, applaud! You will make two people happy.
Samuel Goldwyn (1882 - 1974)

Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh.
W. H. Auden (1907 - 1973)

When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680)

No comments: