Sunday, June 1, 2008

Quotations

Resolve to edge in a little reading every day, if it is but a single sentence. If you gain fifteen minutes a day, it will make itself felt at the end of the year.
Horace Mann (1796 - 1859)

I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.
Herbert Bayard Swope (1882 - 1958)

I used to dread getting older because I thought I would not be able to do all the things I wanted to do, but now that I am older I find that I don't want to do them.
Nancy Astor (1879 - 1964)

To die is nothing, but it is terrible not to live.
Victor Hugo (1802 - 1885)

It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
Emiliano Zapata (1877 - 1919)

Never despair; but if you do, work on in despair.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

Trouble is only opportunity in work clothes.
Henry J. Kaiser (1882 - 1967)

If one speaks or acts with a cruel mind, misery follows, as the cart follows the horse. If one speaks or acts with a pure mind, happiness follows, as a shadow follows its source.
the Dhammapada

No comments: