Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hans on Vacation

I'll be away for the next week, on vacation in Las Vegas. While I'm away, there are a couple of websites worth checking out with which you might not be familiar. I'll be back on June 9.

The European Space Agency has outstanding new footage of the surface of Mars. The Phoenix Spacecraft just landed there a few days ago. One of its main objectives is to search for organic material, evidence that life may once have existed on the Red Planet.


The Onion is a sort of joke newspaper, perfect for fans of Jon Stewart and his ilk. If you're already a fan, check out Our Dumb Century, a collection of Onion articles dating back to 1898. Dan Savage, the talented author of Skipping Towards Gomorrah: The Seven Deadly Sins and the Pursuit of Happiness in America is also a contributor.



Classics Reader Page has a large collection of classic e-books, available free to the public. You'll be surprised at how many different titles are available. Personally, I'm a big fan of paper books, but this is a good way to check out a classic you've heard about and read perhaps the first chapter or two.


I'll be checking out some dinosaur trackways while I'm away, and hopefully will be able to bring back some good pictures. I'm also bringing some good books to read, for review upon my return. Thanks for your patience while I'm away, and please keep visiting.

Best wishes and see you soon,
Hans

No comments: